How to use your Muurikka BBQ Smoking Pan
- Wash your Muurikka BBQ Smoking Pan with detergent and warm water before use.
- Cover both the bottom of the BBQ Smoking Pan and dripping tray with aluminium foil before smoking to substantially reduce any cleaning required.
- Place 1/2 cup wood chips (or more if preferred) on the bottom of the Smoking Pan (underneath the dripping tray) and add 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar on top of the wood chips to give fish an attractive golden colour.
- Sprinkle 4 - 5 tbls (or more) water on top of the wood chips to avoid the chips burning too quickly.
- Note: You can also soak the wood chips in water before placing in the Smoking Pan (1/2 Hour is sufficient)
- Ensure the lid is closed properly when food smoking. After a few minutes of smoking you may choose to open the lid of your BBQ Smoking Pan and let some smoke out. Replace the lid after a few seconds. This helps to reduce the pressure inside the Smoking Pan and gives the produce a slightly less smokey flavour.
- The BBQ Smoking Pan also works as a grill (without the wood chips).
- The BBQ Smoking Pan can be used over any BBQ, over any heating element and even over an open fire.
Thank you for choosing Muurikka Electric Smokers | BBQ Smoking Pans
Follow us on Facebook for great Recipe Ideas and more Tips.